Password: Resetting a Network ID or Friend ID Password
How to reset your Network ID or Friend ID password.
- If you have forgotten your password, select Reset a forgotten password.
- To reset a known password, select Login to change your password.
- If you have forgotten your Network ID or the answer to your reset questions, select Recover a forgotten username.
TIP: When resetting a NID password, the email address that you use will be NID@wsu.edu (this is true even if your WSU email account has not yet been created).
To keep in mind:
WSU Network IDs (former and active students, faculty and staff)
- Your WSU Network ID (WSU NID) is always based upon your name. It can also be called a User ID or Username.
- It is your WSU Network ID that is used to login to my.wsu.edu.
- A WSU Number, User ID or Student Number are all the same thing and refer to an 8 or 9 digit number.
- Your WSU Friend ID is your personal email address.
- If the student that you are sponsoring has given you permission to access their information, that permission will link your Friend ID (FID) to your student's information.
- Your password must follow the same password rules as a Network ID.