Skype for Business: Mac 2016 User Guide
Create a Skype for Business for Mac Meeting in Outlook.
1. Click on Calendar.
2. Click on Meeting. This opens a new meeting invitation.
3. Click Online Meeting and select Add Online Meeting.
4. Add attendees, subject, date, start/end time and meeting information, then click Send.
Note: if the Online meeting invite does not show a URL with https://meet.wsu.edu or the phone number, Outlook for Mac 2016 and Skype for Business for Mac may not be in sync. If this happens force quit both applications. Open Skype for Business for Mac and then Outlook. They should now be in sync and Online meeting information should fully populate the invite.
Join a Skype for Business meeting on your Mac
Skype for Business on Mac lets you quickly check your upcoming meetings for the day, without having to go to your Outlook calendar. You can join a Skype for Business meeting right from the main window, if the meeting was set up by an organizer inside your company.
1. In the Skype for Business on Mac main window, find and double-click the meeting you want to attend, or click the Join button.
You can also join a meeting from the calendar invite or reminder by clicking on Join Online Meeting. This method will open an Internet browser window in the background, which can be closed when the Skype for Business meeting window launches.
2. Welcome to the meeting.
3. To view meeting participants, to add others, and to mute participants if you're a presenter, click the button.
Use the Invite more people box to add more people to your meeting.
4. To send an IM to meeting participants, click the button.
Type a message, and then press Enter or click to send the message.
5. When you first join a meeting, your microphone is automatically muted, and people in the meeting can't hear you. To un-mute your microphone, click the button.
6. When you first join a meeting, the video camera is inactive. To start your video camera, click the button.
Disconnect from the meeting
1. To exit the meeting, click the button.
At the Need to leave? prompt, confirm you want to leave the meeting by clicking the Leave Meeting button.
System Requirements for Skype for Business for Mac 2016
OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) or Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra)
Outlook for Mac 2016 updated to build 15.28
For questions or assistance contact the Spokane Technical Support Center at (509) 358-7748 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.