Topics Map > IT Services > Applications and Software
Topics Map > IT Services > Education and Instructional Technology > Online Learning
Blackboard: How to Make An Announcement
A quick tutorial on how to do announcements in your Blackboard
When a Blackboard site is created for you, you will have a module page called Home Page which is what is called a “Module Page” where modules such as Announcements go. If you would prefer using that page, follow these instructions.
- On the Home Page, in the top left area, you will see Announcements.
- Click on the link More Announcements.
- In the top left, click Create Announcement.
- Fill in details, information, and title.
- Click Submit when done.
If you have deleted the Home page link or a previous Module Page or need to create one from scratch, follow these instructions:
- In the menu on the left, click the button with the plus symbol inside of it (also known as the Add Menu Item button).
- Choose the Module Page option, name it and click Submit.
- Go to the Module Page and click the option for Create Module.
- In the search field type My Announcements. To the left you will then see “My Announcements” as the only thing listed. Click the Add button.
- Go back to the Module Page and, in the Announcements box, click More Announcements.
- Click Create Announcement in the top left.
- Add the details such as title, information and availability.
- Click Submit.
- In the menu to the left, click the button with the plus symbol inside of it (also known as the Add Menu Item button).
- Choose the Tool Link option.
- The first choice will be Announcements, fill in the name and click Submit.
- Go to the Announcements page you created. Click Create Announcement.
- Add in details such as title, information and availability.
- Click Submit.
Blackboard: How to hide content
Blackboard: Why would I Use Audio/Image/Video?
Blackboard: How to Add A Banner
Blackboard: Exporting and Importing Blackboard Course Materials
Blackboard: Tips For How To Set Up A Course
Blackboard: Getting your class roster in Excel
Blackboard: Moving Materials in Blackboard
Blackboard: How to Embed Google Docs into Blackboard
Blackboard: I Was Submitting My Assignment but Now It Is Gone
Blackboard: Content Collection