Connecting an Android Device with "Nougat OS" to WSU Wireless WiFi Network
How to connect to the WiFi when using an Android Phone or Tablet with the latest Nougat OS
If Wi-Fi is not enabled, choose "Wi-Fi" to enable it.
1. Select "WSU Wireless".
a. You may now be asked for a password to protect the credential storage on your device. This is a security setting for your device and not your wi-fi password. Please enter a memorable password here to continue.
2. For "EAP method" select "PEAP".
3. For "Phase 2 authentication" select "MSCHAPV2".
4. If you are using the Nougat (7) OS on your Android, set "CA Certificate" to "Use system certificates" and "Domain" to "radius.wsu.edu".
5. Enter your Identity as your NID. (Your NID or Net ID is he first part of your email address. For example, Butch.Coug@wsu.edu has the NID of 'butch.coug'.)
6. Some devices may have an "Anonymous identity" field. Leave this blank.
7. Enter your NID password. This is the same password you use to log into your WSU email and MyWSU.
8. Touch "Connect".
9. Your device should show "Obtaining IP address from WSU Wireless..." then shortly after "Connected to WSU Wireless".
10. IMPORTANT: Press "Cancel" to go back to the previous screen. Do NOT press "Forget" or you will need to enter all the configuration information again.