Topics Map > IT Services > Education and Instructional Technology > Online Learning
Blackboard: Giving an Exception to a Student for a Test
How to give an exception to a student so that they may take a test or do an assignment later than was previously assigned.
1. Find the test/quiz in question. When hovering your mouse over the test/quiz, a grey arrow will appear to the right of it. Click the arrow.
2. Choose Edit Test Options.
3. Go to the area called Test Availability Options and click Add User or Group button.
4. A pop up window will appear with a list of students (as well as groups if you have created them). Choose student(s) from the list by checking the box on the left and clicking Submit.
5. The student will now appear in the field under the Test Availability Exceptions. Input the desired time frame for the student (such as time for the student, attempts and date).
6. When done, click the red Submit button at the bottom.