Email - Shared Mailbox on iPhone
Information on linking an Office365 shared email to an iphone.
Configuring a shared Office 365 mailbox on an iOS device using IMAP
- On the iPad or iPhone, go to SETTINGS > MAIL > ADD ACCOUNT
- Select OTHER from the list of types.
- Select ADD MAIL ACCOUNT
- Enter a name for the mail account (eg "Enquiries")
- Enter the email address of the shared mailbox
- Enter the password of a mailbox that has access to the shared mailbox (eg your own password if you have access to the shared mailbox)
- Enter a description for the mailbox (eg "Enquiries")
- Tap NEXT
- Select IMAP
- Fill in the blank information:
i) Host name: outlook.office365.com
ii) In the user name box, enter the email address of the account that has access to the shared mailbox, followed by a "\" and then the email address of the shared mailbox itself. (eg "firstname.lastname@example.org\email@example.com")
iii) Outgoing mail server: smtp.office365.com
iv) User name: Enter the email address of the mailbox with the permission to "send as" the shared mailbox.
v) Password: Enter the password of the mailbox with the permission to access the shared mailbox (same as step 'iv' above)
vi) Tap NEXT
- Tap SAVE.
- Switch off the NOTES sync which should leave just MAIL switched on.
- Tap SAVE
- Exit the MAIL app by ending the task (doublle press the HOME button and slide the Mail app off the top of the screen)
- Enter the MAIL app and check that the account works