Office 365: How to Set an Out of Office Message on a Group Calendar
Schedule your out-of-office time
With the group calendar, you can schedule your out-of-office event and opt out of sending the event to others. When group members check the group calendar, they'll see the dates you're out.
- Sign in to Office 365.
- In the app launcher, select Calendar.
- In the navigation pane, select Groups, and then select your group. If you have multiple calendars open, the events for each will be displayed. Colored tabs across the top indicate which events align to each group.
- Select New > Calendar event.
- Fill out the details of your absence, including name, place, start and end dates, and, if desired, a personal note.
- Select All day if you'll be out of office for more than a few hours.
- The Send an invitation to the group checkbox is selected by default. If you don't want your group members to receive invitations in their inboxes, clear this checkbox.
- Select Save. If you've included group members on the invitation, you'll select Send instead.